Friday, July 26, 2013

CardMaker Makeover - Lovely Lily

One of my favorite magazines is the CardMaker magazine. I have both the print and the digital subscriptions! I just love looking through my copy and getting ideas for different tricks, techniques and just all around paper crafting happiness. But I often find that while I love the cards they share, I rarely have the materials that they use. So....... why not create your own using the materials that you DO have on hand. If you are anything like me, you have TONS of products that you can use to replicate their works of art and make it your own.

That is exactly what I have done here and will continue to do in my new series Titled CardMaker Makeover - Close To My Heart Style!  I do hope you enjoy this and see how easy it is to use their ideas and make it your own. So here is my first card.
This one was taken from page 15 of the Summer 2013 issue. I created a standard A2 card (4.25" x 5.5") using the value pack from Close To My Heart. I  created a 4.25" x 5.5" panel using a piece from the Laughing Lola paper packet and then attached a 3.75" x 5" piece of B&T Duo from the same paper packet. I stamped the image and sentiment on a piece of Daisy White cardstock cut at 3" x 3.75" then mounted that on a piece of Black cardstock leaving a 1/8" border. The 3.75" circle was cut using the Artbooking Cricut cartridge on a piece of Gypsy cardstock.

Next I attached the 3.75" circle to the panel of B&T Duos with some Tombow® Adhesive, I next attached a piece of black ribbon and then, using 3-D foam tape I attached the panel with the image. Last I attached a sparkle.
Here is a video of how I put this card together.
I hope you come back and follow this series.  Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.

In the meantime, Happy Paper Crafting!
~Angelina



Card base and envelope
5 1/2" X 4 1/4" Colonial White Cards & Envelopes, Value Pack



Laughing Lola Paper Packet




 Lovely Lily




 Family Love




 12" X 12" White Daisy Cardstock 





 12" X 12" Black Cardstock 






 12" X 12" Gypsy Cardstock

 Cricut Cartridge

 Sparkles Clear Assortment



Exclusive Inks® Markers

 

Tombow® Adhesive   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for leaving a Comment!
Please also follow my blog and FB Fan page.

Happy Paper Crafting!
~Angelina