Thursday, March 13, 2014

How to Use Emboss-Resist Technique with Watercolors

So here is a trending technique that I wanted to share with you. Emboss-Resist with Watercolor. Have you tried it yet? I am loving this technique as a way to create some beautiful backgrounds for my cards. 



By using white embossing powder on my watercolor paper I create a 'resist' to the ink used for watercoloring. I really saturate the paper so that the colors that I use will blend well as you can see in the pictures.


 
For the watercolor I simply used my Exclusive Inks and a brush and applied the ink directly to the watercolor paper. If you would like to see a video tutorial on how I created the card on the left, click on the card above.

I also did a slight treatment to the inside of each card as you can see here.


I hope you enjoy the video and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! I love helping. 

In the meantime, Happy Paper Crafting! ~Angelina




2 comments:

  1. Ooh, ahh! These are beautiful! Love, love, love! I want to try this; tfs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks so much Katrina. I have so many ideas on how to use this technique. The video ended up a little long, but I think it is worth the time to watch. Have a great weekend my friend.

      Delete

Thank you so very much for leaving a Comment!
Please also follow my blog and FB Fan page.

Happy Paper Crafting!
~Angelina