Thursday, June 20, 2013

Creatively Redeeming Treasures Team Blog Hop June 2013


"Welcome to the Creatively Redeeming Treasures Team Blog Hop if you are coming from Kara LaSala's blog you are in the right place. We will be doing this Hop every month on the 19th so make sure to scribe to my blog so that you won't miss any of the great projects!




To create this card I cut out 12 hexagons at 1.5" in Lagoon with my Accent Essentials Cricut cartridge. I then cut out 12 hexagons at 1.25" from two different pieces of B&T papers from the For Always paper packet. I mounted these smaller hexagons onto the larger ones. I then laid out my pattern until I was happy with it. I admit, that took a little time to get it just right. I attached them to a piece of Honey card stock that measure 4-7/8" x 3-5/8", trimmed the excess to create the first part of my panel.

I then attached this panel to a piece of black card stock and trimmed it down, leaving a 1/16" border. I roughed up the edges with an Edge Distresser and then attached that panel to a piece of Ruby card stock, cut at 5-1/4" x 4".

Next I cut a border strip from the B&T paper that I used for the hexagons to the length of the first panel (4-7/8" x 3-5/8") and a strip of Honey card stock to the length of the final panel (5-1/4" x 4"). I attached the strip to the Honey panel and then trimmed to leave an equal border on the top and bottom. I then attached this to the completed panel.

The sentiment came from the For Always My Stickease and coordinates so well with the papers. I mounted it onto a piece of Ruby card stock and then cut around the image to create a coordinating mat. I then attached this to the card using 3-D Foam tape to give the card some additional dimension. As a final touch to the card I added some Honey Flower pins from the For Always Assortment pack and Bitty Opaques Pearls to both the sentiment and the border strip.


Inside of card
One the inside of the card I used the strip of Lagoon card stock that was left over from cutting out 5 hexagons using the 'shadow' setting which created a slightly larger hexagon than the 1-1/4" ones cut out for the front and inside of the card. I backed this strip with Honey card stock, leaving a slight border on the top and bottom. I then mounted the hexagons on the opening. For the top I cut a strip from the For Always My Stickease and attached it. That I used a scrap of Honey card stock to balance off the color. 


Thanks for being fantastic and stopping by. Now hop on over to my CRAFTY FRIEND, Helen Gullett's blog to see what she created."

Thanks again for stopping by! ~Angelina

10 comments:

  1. That's so creative! I love how you decorated the inside of the card too. I never think to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Meredith! I try to always decorate the inside of the card as well as the envelope. Doesn't always happen, but I try.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card Angelina! Beautiful inside and out - just like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cards! Simple and elegant they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, yes I tend to keep my work Clean and Simple. While I admire the work of others that put so much into their cards, scrapbooks and home decor, I find that Clean and Simple appeals to my eyes better. :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous card, I love the color combo and the sentiment.. Fabulously elegant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather. Yes you can't go wrong when adding just a color or two to Black & White! Thank you for leaving your comment. :)

      Delete

Thank you so very much for leaving a Comment!
Please also follow my blog and FB Fan page.

Happy Paper Crafting!
~Angelina