Thursday, January 30, 2014

I Adore You - CASE Study Challenge

I'm playing along with Chupa's CASE Study Challenge.  Donna Mikasa - the January muse - has such a fabulous CAS design for inspiration, which is posted below!  I stayed fairly close to Donna's original design as you can see.
I don't usually do such a simple card, but I think this one works. I cut out two different sizes of the Heart Circles from Spellbinders, one in Regal Red and the other in Whisper White from Stampin Up. The card base is Pink Pirouette, also from Stampin Up. I then stamped the sentiment using Versamark and sprinkled with gold embossing powder from my stash, onto some velum paper. I then applied the little hearts which were left over from using the smaller spellbinder. I always save the little hearts when using this die. I finished off the mini hearts with a Sakura Gelly Roll pen in Clear Star.
I love the way the Sakura pen adds sparkle. I also used it along the edge of the velum paper just to balance everything out.

Here is the sketch/inspiration that Donna used for our inspiration. Check out Donna's work on her blog - Three Umbrellas.
http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.com/2014/01/case-study-challenge-176.html

Well until the next Challenge, Happy Paper Crafting!


8 comments:

  1. Hi Angelina! I'm so glad that you're playing along with CSC this week! Love your take on my card--that gold embossing is perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the inspiration Donna! I hope to play along again.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful card, I love your hearts!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, I figured they added something special.

      Delete
  3. A perfect take on the challenge! Love the pink and gold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous die cut! I love the little hearts too. Thanks so much for playing along at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Maureen. I don't use it enough. It was great to join you. Hoping to do it again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for leaving a Comment!
Please also follow my blog and FB Fan page.

Happy Paper Crafting!
~Angelina